Opening Sequence

Pre-lim Task

Thursday 3 March 2011

Final Script, Prelim

(Manager is seated, anxious as he fiddles with a pen on the table..)

Player: (on the phone) alright I’ll see you later.
(To manager) how’s it going gaffer?

Manager: I was hoping I’d run into you actually, can I see you for a minute?

(Player walks in and sits)

Player: yeah sure what’s up?

Manager: Well I’m in a bit of a situation. I owe some people money and there is only one way I can think of getting the money back.  

Player: And that is… (Sceptical)

Manager: I need you and the boys to fix the game

Player: (Amazed) But that can jeopardise my career

Manager: (Leans foward) I know I'm asking for alot here. You won’t come out of this deal empty handed. I guarantee it.

(Player, contemplating)

Manager: I’ve got contacts in Spain. Real Madrid. They need another centre midfielder.

(Slides and pen a contract to him)

Player: £90,000 a week?

Manager: I take that as a yes then.
(Both stand up and shake hands.)


This was the script that we chose to use for our sequence. We thought this would be the better script as the topic was basic and also current as a similar story was recently in the news. We have given clear indications for the actors to follow as stage directions which we did not do on our draft script. This therefore helped us structure our script.

No comments:

Post a Comment